Sunday, June 9, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 214




First off, I would like to point out a reply that I have made to a comment on this blog. The commenter asked a question about hot-pour moulage, from a post I made in 2010, which is quite old. The post is Moulage Head Mold Nº 3.. The reason I am pointing this out is because when someone comments to a post, the comment is always attached to that particular post. When I reply to the comment, my reply is also attached to that post. So unless the Original Poster goes back and checks that post, they will never see my reply. It is also for this reason that I moderate all the comments. If I didn't moderate the comments, and people comment on old posts, then I would never see them, and would not be able to reply to them. Comments are very rare on this blog. I guess I am explaining everything well enough so that readers do not have too much trouble understanding what I am trying to do? Really, the only time I discard a comment is when the comment has a Spam link embedded in it. Since I do not have any way to edit the comment, to remove the Spam link, I must delete it. So if you have a question about anything in this blog, please comment and ask your question. Just remember that if published, the comment will be attached to the post you made the comment about, and as well, my reply will also be attached to that post.




I picked up the left lower carving wax arm today and drilled a stringing channel in it with a twist drill. I do not use a hand drill. I twist the drill bit into the carving wax with my fingers. It is a slow process, but I feel like I have more control over where the drill bit is going, than if I use a power drill to make the hole. Click on any image to enlarge it.






The drill bit went almost two inches into the arm before it went through into the hollow arm cavity.






Then I used the same drill bit to make a hole in the left carving wax hand.






The carving wax hand is cast solid, so I try not to break through anything, otherwise I would have to patch a break-through hole in the hand. This hole makes it easier to carve out the hand for the wrist joint ball.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.