Sunday, July 21, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 253




This photo shows the area of the hip socket I am going to work on. I have a small piece of carving wax that I am going to use to fill in with. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I place the piece of carving wax where I want to fill in.






I use my wax pen to melt the piece of carving wax into the area I want to fill. I also melt the base carving wax that is under the piece of filler, so they both become as one. I use the balled-up cotton sock as a prop, to help hold the lower torso in place while I am working on it, and also to wipe my wax pen off on it.






After adding the filler carving wax, and letting it set up, I use the pottery tool to scrape excess carving wax away.



I still do not know if I am going to keep these sockets, but while I am thinking about it, I am also practicing working with my wax pen.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.