Friday, August 2, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 265




I did some more work, filling in around where the carving wax ankle joint ball joins the carving wax foot. Click on the image to enlarge it.



I used my DIY Wax Pen and the paring knife. I love my carving wax.

My carving wax recipe (all parts by weight):
  • One part Victory Brown microcrystalline wax,
  • One part paraffin wax, and
  • Two parts baby talc.

Besides my wax pen, I have a wax pot made from a single-burner electric hot plate, with an old aluminum pressure cooker pot to hold the carving wax, for softening or melting. Carving wax is the best 3D design prototyping material I have ever used. Carving wax is awesome.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.