Saturday, August 3, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 266




I transferred the height of the toes from the left foot toes to the right foot toes by putting the toes up against each other and making a mark with my paring knife. Easy. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I removed carving wax down to the lines. This is not the final sculpt. I will be working back and forth between the feet to get them to look more or less the same.






I know it doesn't look like I do much to my doll each day, but look at my box of shavings. It is filling up again. I try to empty it each time I need to make a carving wax pour, like for making sockets, or whatever. It is difficult to get an idea of how much work it takes to subtract a material. The photos are before and after photos, and they are so flat. I often work without my prescription glasses on, or I use a jeweler's headband with a magnifying lens to see what I am doing. I have worn glasses since I was five years old. They say that hearing is the second thing to go when you get old. I forget what the first thing to go is.....






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.