Wednesday, August 7, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 270




This is a notes-to-myself post. I doubt it will be of any use to anyone else. The wrist ball is 22mm and the elbow ball is 24mm, if I remember correctly. I will have to try and find my posts about casting those balls. Not too much difference, but the elbow ball goes inside the line of the elbow, and the wrist ball goes to the outside line of the wrist, according to Yoshida. I will have to go and look at my copy of his guide again, and read the English translation. I am thinking I may not want to cut too much at these joints, so they may be welded in rather shallow in the sockets, and shallow in the arm and hand. In order to get the right length for the arm, I may need to cut out sections of the upper and lower arm. I think this will be easier than trying to position the balls so that the length of the arm comes out right. I don't know this for sure, but these are my thoughts about designing these joints right now. Click on the image to enlarge it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.