Thursday, August 15, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 278




I am working on the wrist. I forgot to take a snapshot of the pieces of scrap carving wax on the wrist, but that is how I started. I use my wax pen to weld the scrap pieces of carving wax onto the wrist. I always go all the way through the scrap carving wax with the tip of my wax pen, so the weld penetrates into the arm as well, and everything is solid in the end. I use my paring knife to subtract excess carving wax by scraping it away. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This is a close-up detail of the back of the elbow. Everything needs more work. The more work I do, the less there is to do. Eventually, I will reach the point where I will test-string these joints. Also, I need to get the other arm caught-up to this one, before I get too far ahead.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.