Wednesday, August 21, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 284




Today I laid out and scribed a line for the skull cap. Now that I have all the balls welded on, I'd like to do a loose stringing test on the carving wax doll. It will be the first of many as I design the joints. I am happy that I am finally at this stage of development. Anyway, I used my wooden pottery calipers to measure from a point right under the middle of the nose, over to the ears, and made a mark with a small drill bit. Then I put a point of one leg of the calipers in the small hole, and scribed a line with the other leg's point, to find the middle of the head. Then I lightly scribed a line for the skull cap, using the calipers, with one point in the center hole on top of the head, and the other point scribing the line. Finally, I used my X-Acto knife to make the lightly scribed line a little deeper. The skull cap is ready to be cut out. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.