Friday, August 23, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 286




This is 3mm round elastic doll cord, threaded through a plastic neck button, and tied in a knot. I tied a piece of yarn to one of the loops, so I wouldn't get them twisted inside the doll. The stringing tool was made from a length of wire clothes hanger. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I threaded the elastic through the neck socket with the stringing tool and pulled it through, making sure that the neck button was situated properly.






I threaded the elastic through the neck, then through the torso.






I drilled some holes through the hip sockets.






Then I pulled the elastic through the lower torso.






I drilled some holes in the leg joints and pulled the elastic through the legs and put some popsicle sticks through the loops to hold it in place until I can get the ankle joints prepared by cutting slots and drilling pin holes. Then I will cut a couple of pins, and make a couple of S-hooks for the ankle joints. They need the S-hooks and pins because they are a terminal joint.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.