Tuesday, August 27, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 290




Today I drilled holes and cut slots in the right carving wax arm. I also cut some wire for a couple of more pins and S-hooks. Then I strung the carving wax doll together and laid her out on the working drawing. Overall, her height is pretty good. The arms are too long, but I already knew that. I will have to drill and cut some slots in the hip joint balls so I can sit her up. She stands on her own, even when loosely strung, but I do not dare to move my hands too far away from her yet. Click on the image to enlarge it.



I found out that one of the right shoulder balls is too thin when I was drilling it and cutting the slot. I can either fill it in with molten carving wax, then drill the holes and cut the slot again; or I can cast another one and replace the one that is in the shoulder. I may try the repair first, and if that doesn't work, I can always replace it. I made plaster molds for the carving wax balls.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.