Thursday, September 5, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 299




Today I cut 2cm out of the left upper carving wax arm. I used masking tape, to layout where I wanted to make the cut, just like I did yesterday with the lower arm. I scribed the lines to cut with my paring knife. Then I made the cuts with the X-Acto knife. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I used my wax pen to tack the shortened upper arm together again. I used pieces of scrap carving wax to fill in the welds. I used my paring knife to subtract excess carving wax from the filled welds. This is how I do it.






As I mentioned before, I can adjust the tension of the test-strung doll by cutting the S-hook shorter. This works great. It is much easier than taking out the whole loop of elastic, untying it, then retying it and restringing the doll.






Today it actually looks like I did some work. To me, this left arm length looks much better than the length of the right arm.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.