Monday, September 16, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 310




I examined the repair job I did yesterday a little more closely, and decided that the ball itself, which is only about 1/8th of an inch thick, should be thicker. I put some masking tape over the hole and slot in the ball joint to prepare it for pouring some molten carving wax into the ball from the bottom of the lower leg (at the ankle). Click on any image to enlarge it.






I melted a small amount of carving wax in my wax pot, and after stirring it thoroughly, to mix the wax and talc, I poured it into the ball, through the opening at the ankle. Once the wax was poured, I rotated the leg so that the molten wax would cover the inside of the ball joint completely. I just guessed at the amount of carving wax I poured into the leg. After rotating the leg for several minutes, I poured out the excess molten carving wax back into the wax pot. The ball was quite hot, so I set it aside to cool. Later, I removed the masking tape.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.