Tuesday, September 17, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 311




Overall, the repair job was a success. The knee joint is actually better now than it was before the accident. I used drill bits to make holes in the ball, and the X-Acto knife to carve the slot. The ball joint is now about 3/8ths of an inch thick, which is much sturdier than before, when it was only about 1/8th of an inch thick. I recommend at least 1/4th of an inch thickness for the parts of a carving wax doll this size.






Once the holes and slots were drilled and carved, I restrung her. This time, I made double sure that the S-hook was attached to the ankle pin before letting go of it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.