Wednesday, September 18, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 312




The first test-stringing is about finished. I have unstrung the carving wax doll. I am going to work through each set of parts and make notes of what I need to do, for now. This is the left leg and foot.






The foot needs to be sculpted. Right now, it is only roughed-out. The ankle ball joint is solid, so it does not need any reinforcement. The ankle socket has a matte board ring. The knee joint is thick enough. A bevel has been carved behind the knee joint. The knee socket in the upper leg needs a matte board ring. The knee socket has been filled. The hole in the knee socket may need enlarging. The transition between the leg and the hip ball needs work.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.