Tuesday, September 24, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 318




I am finished with the first test-stringing, and I am going over each set of doll parts and making notes of what I need to do. This is the right arm and hand.






Pretty much, exactly everything I noted for the left arm and hand, need to be done here. I guess I have kept up with the symmetry of the arms and hands, even though my work habits have been scattered, to say the least.



Even grouping the doll parts into sets, like I have done here in the last few days, shows how complex a simple ball-jointed doll project can be. I really needed to get a sense of organization for this project.

I try to do a little bit of work on my doll every day. The only thing I can say is that each little bit adds up, over time. The key to success is hard work, perseverance, and a little bit of luck.

I cannot say that talent has anything to do with making a ball-jointed doll. There are certainly talented doll makers in this world, but I sincerely believe that anyone who has a genuine desire to make their own BJD, can do it, if they really want to, whether they have any previous art experience, or not. The whole project has many steps. Just break each step down into its parts, and work on one part at a time. As each of the parts is completed, then a step is closer to being completed. Each step brings you closer to a finished doll. Enjoy the doll making journey. Be happy. Remember to Have Fun !!!




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.