Saturday, October 5, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 329




This photo shows drilling the hole for the knee in the left carving wax leg. First I made a splint with masking tape, to hold the leg in place while drilling. Then I drilled a pilot hole with a smaller diameter drill bit. Finally, I used this drill bit to make the hole. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I used a piece of scrap carving wax to make the carving wax knee plug, which I fit in the hole.






Then I used my wax pen to weld the carving wax plug into the hole. I am going to let this cool down before I try to shape the knee with my paring knife. If it works, I will repeat this whole process on the right knee.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.