Saturday, October 12, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 336




I worked on the knee joint by trimming carving wax off the back of the leg. I am trying to get the side view to look better. There are two things that must be attended to. First, the joint must function properly. Second, the aesthetics of the leg must try to look as good as possible. The two are in conflict, of sorts. A purely aesthetically pleasing figure would not be poseable. The more poseable the figure becomes, the more the joints are going to show. I am choosing poseability. I want to be able to play with my doll, rather than just display her on a stand in a case. Still, I can make the lines of the leg much better than they were. Click on any to enlarge it.






That kneecap may be sticking out too much?






The leg is looking better. There is much work to be done.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.