Monday, October 28, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 352




Today I worked over the upper right carving wax leg with my paring knife, then I did some sanding with 100 grit sandpaper to see how well it would work for sanding away small lines left from pouring the carving wax.

One of the nice things about sanding carving wax is that there is no dust. Because the talc is mixed with waxes to make the carving wax, the sandpaper just clogs up over time, and a fresh piece of sandpaper must be used. But there is no sanding dust. I like that. Click on the image to enlarge it.



The actual work is practice, practice, and more practice: adding, subtracting, and smoothing repeatedly. Martha Armstrong-Hand (1920-2004)




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.