Saturday, November 2, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 357




I tried to get my carving wax doll in a contraposto pose. I can see now that I needed to get the supporting leg more under the body for a convincing pose. The two main things needed for posing a BJD are friction and tension. At this time, she is loosely strung, so her main support is an s-hook through a loop of elastic at her head attached to an overhead wire. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I think I am going to start working on her upper torso next, especially the transition of the ball and socket where the two parts of the torso are jointed.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.