Friday, November 8, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 363




The first thing I did was turn on my wax pen. The little Art Deco nightlight is my indicator light, letting me know that the wax pen is ON. The 600W Dimmer Switch inside the electrical box has a Push ON/OFF Rotary Dial. It takes a few minutes for the wax pen to warm up. I have it set to a point where it will melt the carving wax without smoking. If it smokes, it is too hot.






This is the spot that needs to be filled properly. It was uncovered while cutting the carving wax around the hip joint.






This is the spot after filling with the wax pen and a piece of scrap carving wax.






This is the spot after I have subtracted the excess carving wax from the area that was filled. I use my paring knife to subtract the excess carving wax.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.