Wednesday, November 20, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 375




The back of the upper left carving wax leg looks like this where the ball joins the leg. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I filled in the area where the ball joins the leg with carving wax, but I did it in such a way that I can easily remove the filling if I don't like it. I did this by melting small amounts of carving wax with my wax pen, then scooping the molten wax up with a knife blade and applying it to the leg. Hot wax and cold wax do not join very well. Because I am not melting the base wax, and because the base wax is cold, the attached hot wax is not in the joint very securely. If I like it, I will use the wax pen to penetrate both the filler and the base, making them as one. If I do not like it, It should be easy to remove because it is just sitting on top of the join.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.