Thursday, November 21, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 376




I discovered a new flash setting on my camera today, called Slow Sync, and look what it does ! The image on the left is my usual snapshot, all dark and dreary. The image on the right was taken with the Slow Sync setting turned on. I just never noticed it before. Anyway, I set up my carving wax doll to see what the back of the leg looks like, strung with elastic. Click on any image to enlarge it.






The image on the left was taken with the Fluorescent Light setting of the White Balance turned on. The image on the right is set to Auto. I think I like the Auto White Balance setting better. This is a side view of the leg.






The above images were taken with the camera on a tripod. These images were taken with the camera hand-held. I think the Slow Sync works good, with a hand-held camera. The image on the left is another view of the leg I'm working on. The image on the right shows a chip out of the knee that will need to be fixed. Usually, snapshots taken of the doll when she is on the project tray are really dark. Now they are showing up much better. I am so pleased with these improved images. While I am the first one to admit that I am one of the worst photographers, I am hoping that by the time I am ready to take some finished pix of my doll, I will be at least a little better than I am now. I must keep practicing.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.