Friday, December 13, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 398




I must admit that I am not a big fan of sanding anything. So any excuse not to sand something is a good excuse, in my book. So today I played with my doll instead of sanding. She stands on her own, for a little while (with me hovering over her); and considering how loosely strung she is, I am happy about that. I am hoping that when I can string her more tightly, she will stand at least long enough for me to take a photo or two of her. So after playing with her for awhile, I hooked her up and took this photo of her back. Click on the image to enlarge it.



This is a quote found in a recent Footprints catalog (<<< Click if you like shoes...)

Persistence is king...Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of uneducated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. ~ Calvin Coolidge

This is another quote, which was at the bottom of a packing slip in a box that arrived today. ('Tis the Season...)

When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don't have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you. ~Pablo Picasso (as quoted by Gertrude Stein)






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.