Thursday, December 26, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 411




I picked up the left lower carving wax arm and began sanding it with 60-grit sandpaper. This is what it looked like after lightly sanding it. I can easily see where it needs some work. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I use my wax pen and a scrap of carving wax to fill some places that need filling.






After adding, I use my paring knife to subtract excess filler. Even after getting some fancy carving tools, this paring knife, picked up for 50 cents at a flea market, is still one of my most favorite tools.






When I subtract carving wax, I try to match the surrounding surface as best as I can. I may not get it exactly right this time around, and may have to do some more adding and subtracting later on, to get it right.






After subtracting carving wax, I sand again. Once again, this shows me where work needs to be done.



The actual work is practice, practice and more practice: adding, subtracting, and smoothing repeatedly. ~ Martha Armstrong-Hand (1920-2004)




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.