Friday, December 27, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 412




I finally finished using the 1.5 X 3 inch pieces of 60-grit sandpaper. I am doing the same thing with the right lower carving arm as I did with the left one. Click on any image to enlarge it.






After lightly sanding the lower arm, it was easy to see where I needed to do some work. I used my wax pen and a piece of scrap carving wax to fill in areas that needed filling. Then I used my paring knife to subtract excess carving wax from the filled areas.






Then I sanded the arm again with 60-grit sandpaper. This process will continue until the doll parts have been refined for use as patterns for the final production molds. The final production molds could be made from silicone rubber if I wanted to cast resin, or plaster of Paris for slip casting. I will be making slip casting molds from these doll parts.



The actual work is practice, practice and more practice: adding, subtracting, and smoothing repeatedly. ~ Martha Armstrong-Hand (1920-2004)




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.