Saturday, December 28, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 413




The hands need a lot of work. Unfortunately, I did not take a before snapshot of this carving wax left hand, but instead, just picked it up and started working on it with my paring knife. Then I turned on my wax pen. I moved the index finger over by warming the base of it with my wax pen, then pressing on it to get it where I wanted it to be. I also added a piece of carving wax to the tip of the index finger and welded it in place because it was too short. Then I filled in various places with my wax pen and a scrap piece of carving wax, alternately scraping excess wax away with my paring knife. There is so much work to do on these hands because I did not do too much to them when they were oil-clay hands. I am happy that I made most of the hand larger than what it will end up. For me, it is easier to carve carving wax than it is to model it. Oil-clay is much better for additive modeling than carving wax is. Each material has its strengths. Needless to say, I still have much work to do on the carving wax hands. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.