Sunday, December 29, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 414




I continued working on the left carving wax hand with the paring knife and some of the new stainless steel carving tools. As I work, I try to keep in mind how I am going to be molding the hand in plaster, and that influences my design decisions as I am working. I am glad that I have some molding experience. If I did not have that experience, there are many places on the hand that I could be making mistakes that would make it much more difficult to mold the hand later on. I think this is why Martha Armstrong-Hand's method is more suited for the intermediate to advanced doll-maker, rather than for a first-time doll-maker. Her process requires knowledge of many traditional sculpture materials and methods. Beginners should probably stick with the easy-to-use materials and methods, such as LaDoll or Sculpey, and make OOAK dolls which do not require molding of any kind. This, of course, is only my opinion. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.