Wednesday, January 1, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 417




Bonne année et bonne santé !



I setup my camera and a couple of lights and did a 360 degree turnaround of the carving wax head, stopping at 10 degrees per snapshot, for a total of 36 shots in all. Then I used the convert utility from Image Magick to batch crop the whole mess. I ended up with each photo being 1400x1600 pixels in size. I then used convert to resize that batch to 350x400 pixels. Next I used the animate utility to make an animated GIF of the head turnaround. 36 frames is a fairly smooth stop-motion animation. I made an MPEG video from the animated GIF and uploaded it to YouTube.Com.



I will be studying the full-size snapshots in order to begin refining the head. I seem to be able to spot all sorts of things in a photograph, that I am not able to see in real life. The camera is like a microscope.





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.