Thursday, January 23, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 439




I worked some more on the skull cap. I added carving wax using my wax pen. I subtracted excess carving wax with my paring knife (not shown). I sanded with 100-grit sandpaper. Now, I can no longer see light through the joint. The outside edges still need some work. Yeah, I am sneaking up on it, as usual. I try to do a little bit of work on my doll every day. Click on any image to enlarge it.



I use a full sheet of 100-grit sandpaper laid flat on my work table. Then I put the head or skull cap down on the sandpaper and move it back and forth across the surface of the sandpaper in order to get the joint flat.





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.