Tuesday, January 28, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 444






I worked on the left upper leg today. I started out by filling little air holes with my wax pen. As I worked on those, I also filled in some other areas. Then I used my paring knife to shave off the excess filler. Finally, I sanded the leg with 60-grit sandpaper. It looks like there are more low spots to fill. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I have found some more biographical information about Martha Armstrong-Hand (4 July 1920 - 22 October 2004). One is a newspaper clipping from the Kingman Daily Miner, that appeared on 17 July 1998. The other is from a preview of a book by Krystyna Poray Goddu, called Dollmakers and Their Stories: Women Who Changed the World of Play. (2004)



I found this excerpt from Dollmakers and Their Stories (2004) by Krystyna Poray Goddu at Google books:



More biographical information information about her can be found at http://www.niada.org/InOurMemory/inourmemoryHand.html as well as photographs of her at http://www.destombe.nl/foto/family/martha-05/

I do not think I need to remind anyone that it is Martha Armstrong-Hand's method that I am following to make my doll.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.