Monday, February 3, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 450




I worked on getting the skull cap to fit the head better. This required adding carving wax to the edge of the skull cap where it meets the head. The way I did this was to take advantage of the fact that molten carving wax does not stick too well to a cold carving wax base. I dripped carving wax into the joint, then used the wax pen to just weld one side of the filler to the skull cap, without melting into the head side. For the most part, this technique worked pretty good. There were a few small spots where it stuck to the head, but I was able to fix those spots. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I tapped the edge of my paring knife into the joint to separate the skull cap from the head. After repairing the few small spots that needed more wax pen work, I sanded the skull cap and the head joint on a large sheet of 100-grit sandpaper.






I can see that it is already fitting better.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.