Tuesday, February 11, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 458




I am starting to work on the toenails of the left carving wax foot. Two of the things that I am trying to keep in mind while I am working are: make curved toenails, not flat ones, and avoid any toenail undercuts. I made a little diagram for myself, as a reminder. Click on any image to enlarge it.



I am using one of my stainless steel carving tools. I spent some time filing the edges of the tool, to get it sharper and more even, then I sanded where I had filed with some 220-grit sandpaper. Now the tool carves where I want it to carve, instead of somewhere along a blunt edge.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.