Sunday, March 30, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 11




I took another look at my plan for the foot mold and changed the direction of withdrawal for number 2, which is the toe piece of the mold. I am not sure if I am going to leave the spare where it is on the bottom of the foot? Click on any image to enlarge it.






Next I drew a new parting line on the left carving wax foot. I can deviate from the carbon paper parting line because the direction of withdrawal for the inside foot piece of the mold is to remove it sideways.






Like wise for the outside foot piece of the mold.



The reason I want to do this is so I can make the sole foot piece as flat as possible. I am thinking this will make it easier to do the other pieces of the mold. I will be making the mold 1.5 inches wider, all around the foot. So the dimensions of the sole foot piece of the mold will be 7 inches long by 4.5 inches wide by 1.5 inches thick.

Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.