Tuesday, March 25, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 8




Today I was looking at a carving wax foot, trying to figure out where I want the parting lines to be. This is a diagram of one of my ideas. The numbers and arrows indicate the order and direction that the plaster mold pieces would be removed. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I have tried several types of drawing pencils to see which will leave a mark on my carving wax. The best one, so far has been a 4B pure graphite pencil. I have been looking for some carbon paper in my studio, but haven't found any yet. I looked online and saw that Mead MEA40112 Carbon Paper is available. Martha Armstrong-Hand recommends using Carbon Paper, wrapped around a square, to make parting lines on carving wax. One type of square that be used is a plastic card, such as a credit card, or one like the Tuesday Morning Perks card shown below. Carbon Paper can wraped around an edge, and held in place with a couple of pieces of tape.



Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.