Wednesday, March 26, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 9




I probably spend more time looking for things than I should. I could not find the carbon paper I thought I had in my studio. I mean, carbon paper is a basic staple in an art studio, right? I ended up going to a local office supply store and buying some carbon paper. It didn't cost too much more than ordering it online for a much cheaper price, but paying shipping costs too. The carbon paper wraps around the edge of the plastic card, giving me a very thin marking edge. I simply cut out the carbon paper a wee bit smaller than the card, then taped it onto the card. Later, when I needed fresh carbon paper, I lifted the tape, moved the carbon paper, taped it down to the card, then continued making marks on the carving wax foot. I used a small block of wood to raise the foot a little bit. Then I always had the side of the foot that I was marking, hanging over the edge of the wooden block a little bit. After marking a section, I would use a Sharpie® permanent marker to go over the carbon paper line, so as to have a line that would not rub off too easily. This is what my first try looks like. Click on the image to enlarge it.



Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.