Tuesday, April 22, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 492




I worked on filling the slots of the ball joints in the upper arms today. I used scraps of carving wax as filler. I used the wax pen to weld the pieces of scrap in the slots, making sure I melted the filler and the base wax together. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I used a steak knife with a sharp, thin blade to trim off most of the excess carving wax. Then I switched over to my paring knife to scrape the remaining excess carving wax down to match the surface of the ball.






I used 150-grit sandpaper to smooth the surface.



The actual work is practice, practice and more practice: adding, subtracting, and smoothing repeatedly. ~ Martha Armstrong-Hand (4 July 1920 - 22 October 2004)




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.