Friday, April 25, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 495




These are the upper carving wax legs together for a comparison. I need to do some work on the upper right carving wax leg which is on the left in the snapshot below. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I use my wax pen and a scrap piece of carving wax to add carving wax along the seams, where needed.






I use my paring knife to subtract excess carving wax from the filled-in areas.






I use a piece of 100-grit sandpaper to smooth the area that I worked on. It still needs some work, but it is better than when I started working.



The actual work is practice, practice and more practice: adding, subtracting, and smoothing repeatedly. ~ Martha Armstrong-Hand (4 July 1920 - 22 October 2004)




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.