Tuesday, May 6, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 36




I removed the coddles from the plaster mold. The piece that I poured yesterday went over the top a little bit. Next I remove the oil-clay and the pieces of wood I used to raise the coddles up. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I replace the coddles so that I can use the Surform tool to remove the excess plaster. Without the pieces of wood, they are below the top surface of the mold. They hold all the mold pieces together while I am removing plaster.






It is easy to see when I have removed enough plaster. The Surform tool cleans up easily in the bucket of water, scrubbed by an old toothbrush.






I start taking the mold apart by first removing the bottom piece.






All the mold pieces came apart nicely.






Here they are, all four pieces. The carving wax foot cleaned-up easily in the bucket of water, using the old toothbrush.



The next step will be to carve the spare, then bevel the edges of the mold. Finally, it will be banded and put away to dry thoroughly.




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.