Wednesday, May 7, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 37




Today I beveled the outside edges of the plaster mold. There are four edges around the top of the mold, four edges around the bottom of the mold, and four outside corners, for a subtotal of twelve edges. Then there are the outside edges where the mold pieces meet. I haven't counted them. Click on any image to enlarge it.








Once all the bevels have been done, I put some heavy rubber bands around the mold while it is drying.



I am still trying to decide where I want to put the spare. Since I am going to carve it, there is no rush. I can do it anytime. I will have to do it at some time before the mold is poured with slip because without it, I do not have any way to get the slip inside the mold.




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.