Thursday, May 8, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 38




Since yesterday, I decided where to put the spare. In spite of everything I have said, I finally decided to put the spare on top of the ball joint. I started out by cutting a piece of cereal box cardboard and bending the top over. I laid this on one half of the ball joint in the mold, and pressed around the edge of the ball with my thumb. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Pressing around the edge of the ball joint left an impression in the cardboard. I used a pencil and a ruler to draw a couple of lines from that impression.






I used an X-Acto knife to cut out the shape of the spare.






Then I used the pencil to trace the lines to both sides of the mold.






I drew a circle inside the ball joint, connecting the lines.






I did the same thing on top of the mold. This finishes the layout for the spare.






I received an interesting comment today from a reader of this blog. The comment was made under the post for Thursday, August 19, 2010, entitled Martha Armstrong-Hand's Method.

On May 8, 2014 at 7:41 AM Bebi wrote:
Hi kwm,
I make also BJD in porcelain and your Blog is very helpful to give me new technique ideas! Thank you.
I see your molds and I think you would have Problems in casting. Because are too many casting lines...this is a big Problem. Porcelain is very special and if you have many casting lines, you can look this lines darker in the fired porcelain. The lines must be very, very small less than 1mm, and as litte as possible. I also startet like you with multipart molds, but the result was horrible. A professional moldmaker told me, that lines every time makes Problems with porcelain and these lines can be visible darker in the porcelain. Moldmaking is really very complicated...and really I hate it.
Wish you a creative day
Kind regards
Bettina
(forgive my bad english, its not my native language)


My reply was:
Thank you very much for your comment, Bebi. Is the dark mold seam line in fired porcelain very noticeable after soft-firing (Cone 018) and wet sanding?




Please remember that if a comment is made under an old post, if it is published, it will go under that old post, not under today's post. I have no way to move comments in Blogger, as far as I know. The reason I am mentioning this is because I feel that that comment should have been made under yesterday's post, not under a post from 2010. This blog does not get too many comments, and I publish most of the comments that people write, but if the comment is made under an old post, that is where it will be published. I do not publish comments that I consider to be advertising spam, or that are rude, disrespectful, hateful, or otherwise do not contribute to the blog.



A new book !!!




YOSHIDA STYLE II: BALL JOINTED DOLL MAKING ADVANCED GUIDE (Japanese)
JP Oversized – January 1, 2014
by RYO YOSHIDA (Author)
  • Publisher: HobbyJAPAN CO.,Ltd.; 2nd edition (2014)
  • Language: Japanese
  • ISBN-10: 4798607827
  • ISBN-13: 978-4798607825
  • Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 8.3 x 0.6 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds





Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.