I poured the toe piece for the mold of the left carving wax foot. Click on the image to enlarge it.
Tips For Pouring Plaster
- Always Add Plaster To Water.
- 2 parts water to 3 parts plaster, by weight, gives a consistency of 67.
- Sift the plaster into the water rapidly and evenly.
- Let the plaster slack.
- Push the island of plaster under, and mix until it is smooth and creamy.
- When an S can be drawn in the mixed plaster, it is ready to pour.
- Pour the plaster evenly into the coddles until it it rises to the pour line.
- Let poured plaster setup for at least an hour without disturbing it.
- Have a lined trash can ready to dump excess plaster into, after the pour.
- Have a bucket of water ready for washing hands, mixing bowls and tools.
- Never put plaster (dry, set, or wet) down the drain pipes.
Links To BJD Tutorials
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.