Wednesday, May 28, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 58




I cut some pieces of 1/4 inch thick wood to raise the coddles up a wee bit. After sanding them, I placed them around the base of the mold, then clamped the coddles securely in place. I rolled out some oil-clay coils and secured the coddles to the mold table. I brushed the mold with parting agent. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I have a lined trash can to pour excess plaster into. I have a bucket of water to rinse off my hands and tools. I got out my mixing bowls and measured water and plaster. I mixed them together, as I have described in detail in previous posts, then poured the plaster into the coddles with the mold table vibrator on. Never pour plaster (dry, set, or wet) down the drain pipes. I always let the plaster setup for at least an hour, but usually much longer.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.