Tuesday, June 3, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 502






I carved off to much around the ankle socket of the left lower carving wax leg. When I compared the left and right ankle sockets, the left socket was way too small. I took the matte board ring off the right lower carving wax leg and tacked it onto the left ankle socket, then proceeded to build it up again. This took a lot longer to build up than it did to carved it away. I have it back to the thickness I want now. This is a snapshot of the matte board ring tacked to the left ankle socket. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This is a snapshot of the left lower leg, after adding carving wax around the matte board ring, then shaving off the excess with the paring knife.






This is the left ankle socket, after the carving wax build-up, with the matte board ring removed.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.