Friday, June 13, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 512




I made the 24mm ball mold for the carving wax elbow joint about a year ago, on June 24, 2013 in blog post 08 Joint Design Nº 226. I used a large marble as the pattern. I also have a wooden ball that is very close to that size. I was looking at the elbow socket on the upper arm and realized that there are at least a couple of places that are too thin. So now I am in the process of thinking about what I should do to fix that problem. The thing is, I do not want to cast doll composition slip too thin. I am going to have to thicken the walls of the socket and blend that in with lines of the upper arm. So this post is a thinking/design post more than a howto/doing post. Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. I only have two speeds. If you don't like this speed, you sure won't like the other speed. Yeah, I know, I should just stick to making the doll, right? Click on the image to enlarge it.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.