Monday, June 16, 2014

08 Joint Design Nº 513




I finally decided to put a ball in the socket to help it keep it's shape while I thickened the edge of the socket where it was so thin. It was really a very simple solution. It just took me awhile to think of it. Good thing, because I got my studio straightened up a wee bit. I put the ball in the socket, then positioned the upper arm on some old, rolled-up socks while I worked on it. Click on any image to enlarge it.






The edge of the socket was so thin that I had to build it up slowly and carefully with the wax pen.






So now my question is, should I make the edge even thicker?






As I worked, I rearranged my tools to fit my working methods. All my tools are within reach.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.