Friday, July 4, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 67




The molding board I've been using was just a tad too small, so I found another molding board in the scrap wood pile in my studio. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I taped some strips of scrap wood to the bottom, so it will be easier to get my fingers under the molding board to move it around when it has the clay build-up on it.






I am going to make a cardboard template to make a cut out in the clay slab.






It is the right size.






I use the little square to find the edge of the pattern. I make little pencil marks all around the edge.






After I connect the dots, I draw another line, about 1/8th of an inch larger.






Next I cut out the template with some scissors. It fits over the pattern, leaving some extra space all around.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.