Friday, July 11, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 74




I laid out a paper pattern for a template for the supports of the oil-clay build-up. I am going to roll out a slab of oil-clay, then use the template to cut it in the same shape as the curve of the build-up. I marked each curve with a I and a II because they are slightly different. The marks are on the bottom of the oil-clay as well as on the paper. I don't think I have enough Roma Plastilina to make the supports, so I will use some of the Prima Plastilina. I will try to keep them apart as much as possible because the Roma has sulfur in it, and the Prima is sulfur-free. The oil-clay build-up and the carving wax pattern both need to be well supported because of the weight of the plaster that will be poured over them. Click on the image to enlarge it.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.