Wednesday, July 23, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 86




I worked on that small area of the first half of the mold that didn't quite reach the parting line. I filled it in with some oil-clay. What that means is that I will have to clean that bit off each and every casting that comes out of this mold. It is so small that I would rather do that than make the entire mold half over again. I will have to remember this thought later, when I am making castings. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I also rolled out a slab of oil-clay to cover the socket of the lower leg. I think it is easier to seal the socket with oil-clay than to try and seal it with the coddles. There is always more than one way to do something. Another way of doing this would be to fill in the socket with oil-clay. I am going to do it this way.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.