Monday, July 28, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 91




Today I poured the second half of the plaster mold for the left lower carving wax leg. I had already cut the registration keys and secured the coddles. I applied the parting agent. I used a 50/50 solution of liquid soap and water for the parting agent. I applied it with an old paint brush. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I weighed the water and plaster. Always add plaster to water..






I mixed the plaster and water, then poured the mix into the coddles with the mold table vibrator running.






I cleaned my hands and the plaster mixing bucket in a 5-gallon bucket of water. Never put plaster (dry, set, or wet) down the drain pipes. I leave the poured plaster alone for at least an hour for it to set up properly.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.