Saturday, August 2, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 96




I removed the coddles, then turned the mold on its side and proceeded to scrap along the mold seams on each side. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I used a small hammer and my paring knife to split the seam along the bottom. It separated quite easily.






Then I did the same thing with the seam between the other two halves of the mold. Once again, the mold separated quite easily.






The carving wax lower leg stayed in the calf side of the mold. It came free with a very gentle push out from the socket end.






There is that little piece of oil-clay I put to meet the parting line. The leg might have stuck in the mold if I had not noticed that, and fixed it. Each cast made from this mold will have to have that removed.






Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.