Friday, September 12, 2014

09 Plaster Production Molds Nº 137




I did not feel like I had sufficient time to pour the second piece of this mold today, so I did some busy work, making sure all the sides were square. I used the combination square and the Surform. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I ordered this book from Amazon.Com for $43.99 with Free Shipping from California. I am glad I didn't have to wait for it to be shipped from Japan:


YOSHIDA STYLE II / BALL JOINTED DOLL MAKING ADVANCED GUIDE.
RYO YOSHIDA.
Tokyo, Japan: HobbyJAPAN CO.,Ltd., 2014.
ISBN-10: 4798607827
ISBN-13: 978-4798607825




According to the reviewers, this volume covers plaster mold making and casting a BJD using air-dry slip. I am very curious to see how Japanese Doll Artist Ryo Yoshida approaches plaster mold making. I could have bought another 100 pound bag of USG No.1 Industrial Moulding Plaster with that money !!! I am such a bibliophile. This book will compliment my copy of  YOSHIDA STYLE BALL JOINTED DOLL MAKING GUIDE. (2006) by Ryo Yoshida. It should arrive by the 17th of this month, hopefully sooner.




Links To BJD Tutorials




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.